Friday 16 September 2016

Best of Our Blogs: September 16, 2016

glennon-meltonI didn’t know I wasn’t breathing fully until author Glennon Doyle Melton’s words allowed me to exhale. Her truthful words whether in her books, website Momastery or spoken on Super Soul Sunday, releases all of us from rules we abide by unconsciously. Rules that tell us we have to live a certain way. Rules and beliefs about who we are and how we should be break our spirit. Here are a few things she said on Super Soul Sunday that will change the way you view pain, addiction and crisis.

  1. “I just think I was a sensitive kid. I think I figured out that addiction was a place to hide. It was a hiding place.”
  2. “I no longer think that I’m a mess. I just think I’m a deeply feeling person in a messy world.”
  3. “…what crisis means literally is to sift…It comes into my life and I have to watch everything fall away that I thought that I needed so I can find out what’s left over.”

Want more refreshing ways of seeing the world? Check out what our bloggers are saying this week.

If You’re Saying These 5 Things, You’re Hurting Your Kid
(Knotted) – Maybe you draw a line when it comes to physical abuse. But here are all the things we tell children that hurt them emotionally.

Two Steps to Successfully Adopt New Weight Loss Behaviors
(NLP Discoveries) – You want to lose weight, but you can’t get yourself to exercise. Try this quick technique to get into a fitness frame of mind.

Dissociative Disorder: 8 Common Signs
(Relationship Corner) – Is your chronic daydreaming a sign of something serious? It could be indicative of a dissociative disorder.

Bipolar Disorder is Linked to Chronic Pain
(Bipolar Laid Bare) – You struggle with constant pain maybe due to arthritis or migraines. But did you know it’s common in people who also suffer from bipolar disorder?

Symptoms of Bipolar: Laughter Is The Best Medicine
(Mental Health Humor) – Mental illness is dark serious business so Chato’s bringing the light this week with his much needed mental health humor.



from World of Psychology http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2016/09/16/best-of-our-blogs-september-16-2016/

No comments:

Post a Comment