Tuesday 10 January 2017

Best of Our Blogs: January 10, 2017

Bees

I’ve been talking a lot about self-care lately. I think it’s pivotal if we have any chance at succeeding in our New Year’s Resolutions. But what is self-care really and how do we start doing it for ourselves?

I struggled with this personally. On the surface, I was eating healthy, exercising and taking my vitamins. I thought I was doing everything right, but I still didn’t feel well. Not until I heard this podcast on a completely different matter that I finally got it.

Tami Simon from the Insights at the Edge podcast talks to biodynamic farmer and beekeeper Jacqueline Freeman about her fascinating relationship with bees. When I listened to what Freeman asked the bees, it taught me an important lesson in self-care.

“Every day, when I would go and see my bees or do something with my bees, I would say this little thing to them. I would say, ‘I am willing to do just about anything to provide you with the best life that you can possibly have. I just don’t know what to do. So it’d be really nice if you could share some wisdom with me.'”

What if we directed this sentiment inwardly? What if we were to say, “I want to do everything I can to give you the best life possible. What do I need to do to help you do this?” Wouldn’t that just change the way you view every decision you made?

How to Create a Routine that Supports Good Mental Health
(Happily Imperfect) – It’s the one thing that will keep you emotionally healthy-creating a routine. Here are several ideas for structuring your days and weeks in 2017.

Your Search For Meaning and Purpose: A Psychologist’s Best Answer
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – If you feel empty, lost or like something is missing from your life, this could be the reason.

What Is Cluster B?
(Manic Depression) – Here’s why it’s difficult to treat, let alone diagnose someone with a personality disorder.

Codependent Parenting: Exasperated Child, Exhausted Parent
(Narcissism Meets Normalcy) – Read the ways parents give too much to their kids, why they do it and how their children suffer as a result.

The Benefits Of Lavender For Depression
(Coping with Depression) – If you suffer from migraines, anxiety and stress, you may want to consider this aromatherapy oil.



from World of Psychology http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2017/01/10/best-of-our-blogs-january-10-2017/

No comments:

Post a Comment