Friday 15 December 2017

Best of Our Blogs: December 15, 2017

All those parties. All those encounters with people you’d rather not share space with.

How do you survive without losing your cool?

I was buying stuff for my kids when the cashier arrested me with her constant repetitive talk. As I was multitasking as usual, trying to not let my son climb out of the shopping cart while searching for my membership card, I heard her.

“You’re welcome,” she kept saying over and over.

It was puzzling at first. She would say it even when I didn’t say, “Thank you.” Although by the end, I sounded like her only I was repeating back, “Thank you!”

That simple exchange disarms even the most unhappy, grumpiest Scrooge. When someone comes at me with harsh criticism, I have only a few words to say, “Thank you for caring so much!” Because I’m sincere and the words are unexpected, I find that the comment works in my favor. People are kinder and everyone feels heard.

What do you do to help minimize conflict during the holiday season?

5 Types of People Who Are Naturally Attracted to Each Other
(The Exhausted Woman) – This explains how your personality, mental disorders, and childhood history affects who you’re attracted to.

What’s a Narcissist’s Punishment?
(Psychology of Self) – You see them succeed in law, politics and business. If you’ve ever thought it was unfair that narcissists seem to flourish in our society, read this.

For Writing about President Trump’s Lies, I Got Called an ‘Ugly Witch’ and More
(Single at Heart) – Read the shocking backlash that resulted when our blogger exposed the truth.

What Happens When We Don’t Like Our Kids?
(Big Picture Parenting) – How do we deal with the shame and embarrassment associated with disliking our kids? This post will teach and heal you.

Why You Need to Recognize These 7 Lines from the Narcissist’s Script
(Knotted) – It’s the seven tactics narcissists use to manipulate and control you.



from World of Psychology https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2017/12/15/best-of-our-blogs-december-15-2017/

No comments:

Post a Comment