Friday 9 March 2018

Best of Our Blogs: March 9, 2018

As I write this it’s International Women’s Day. How can we do more than just turn it into another commercial holiday?

This blog post shares ways we can start by changing our attitudes about women especially mothers.

A few months ago, someone asked me what I did for a living? When I said, “I take care of my son,” he seemed surprised and a little embarrassed for me. I was shocked by his response.

And yet, it’s not that surprising is it?

We still have a long way to go when it comes to change. Change is not easy for us human beings. But I’m certain that by healing our own wounds it will inevitably change the way we value and view all women.

Toxic Childhood? 4 Exercises to Promote Healing
(Knotted) – It’s the reason why you believe you don’t deserve love and why you’re highly reactive. A difficult past can be healed over time with the following practices.

The Myth of “I’m Triggered and it’s Your Fault”
(The Recovery Expert) – If you’ve ever blamed someone for triggering you, you need to read this.

Five Tried-and-True Ways to Increase Happiness in Daily Life
(Mindfulness & Psychotherapy) – You can build your happiness muscle with these five practices.

Do You Experience Perfectly Hidden Depression? Here’s A Questionnaire
(Perfectly Hidden Depression) – Could you or someone you know be suffering from PHD or perfectly hidden depression? Take this quiz to find out.

When Mom Needs Her Daughter To Be Perfect- The “Good” Daughter Trap
(The Good Daughter Syndrome) – What’s so bad about being perfect? As this post reveals, trying to stay at the top to please your mother is imprisoning.



from World of Psychology https://psychcentral.com/blog/best-of-our-blogs-march-9-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment