Friday 6 April 2018

Best of Our Blogs: April 6, 2018

I’m in the middle of orchestrating new flooring and a toilet repair all while moving out of my house, and taking care of my two-year-old who is sleeping an average of three hours a night. That and I couldn’t find reliable internet for over an hour. It’s also raining.

Yes it’s too easy to slip into a feeling of overwhelm. I find myself asking, “Why me?” and seeking some reward for my good behavior.

During moments like these, it’s difficult to see the forest for the trees.

There’s one thing that helps.

It’s reminding myself life is a mystery. I don’t know everything. It’s quite possible everything is working in my favor, even if that means stretching me way past my comfort zone.

This week if you’re in the trenches, you’ll appreciate our posts on dealing with the hard emotional stuff. Even if you’re struggling with someone in your life who is controlling and manipulating, or you’re dealing with your own low self-worth, you will get through it. Not only that. Once you learn how to overcome it, you’ll be emotionally stronger, and happier.

When Mom Looks to Her Daughter To Be Her Emotional Partner- Why This Is a Problem
(The Good Daughter Syndrome) – It’s the real reason why you avoid your mother’s calls. Although you may feel like a bad daughter, it’s being a good daughter all your life that’s responsible for the guilt you feel.

4 Reasons You Grew Up Feeling Not Good Enough
(Psychology of Self) – Feeling unworthy stems from a lifetime of being treated this way by the important people in your life.

9 Signs Of Psychological and Emotional Manipulation
(Caregivers, Family & Friends) – Control and abuse may come in forms you wouldn’t expect. Here’s how to know for sure if you’re being controlled.

30 Relationship Destroyers
(The Exhausted Woman) – Find out what signs a therapist looks for when distinguishing between successful and unsuccessful relationships.

The Silent Treatment: Understanding Wordless Emotional Abuse
(Knotted) – There are other damaging ways you can hurt loved ones without saying a word.



from World of Psychology https://psychcentral.com/blog/best-of-our-blogs-april-6-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment