Tuesday 8 January 2019

Best of Our Blogs: January 8, 2018

Recently, I heard a podcaster select a word to define what he wants to accomplish in the new year. A single word is hard to choose, but it’s also easy to remember. I think of it as a simple mission statement for your year. Every time you run into a place of indecision, ask yourself if it matches up with your word.

Last year, my word was, “Failure,” because I wanted a chance to stretch my discomfort with failing. Every time I had an opportunity to fail such as submitting a story to a publication, I did it. I was successful. 2018 was full of failures. From that, I received surprising gifts of self awareness, and compassion.

This year, my word is, “Bold.” I want to take risks in 2019 so that I can make changes and live an authentic life.

What would be your word for the new year?

Psychcentral’s Top 10 Articles About Childhood Emotional Neglect
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – If you’re new to the blog or haven’t been able to read Childhood Emotional Neglect’s over 200 posts, then you won’t want to miss this.

How to Deal with Narcissistic Grandparents
(The Exhausted Woman) – If your parents are narcissists, how do you protect your kids from them? If you choose to see them, make sure you read this.

How Detoxification Diets Affect Mental Health and Wellbeing
(NLP Discoveries) – Post-holiday you’re struggling with bloating, weight gain and headaches. It could be signs you need a detox.

Foreplay, Play, Orgasm, & Post-Orgasm
(Building Relationship Skills) – Want greater intimacy in your relationship? Start here.

The Dark Neuroscience Behind Falling in Love: What You Need to Know
(Liberation After Narcissistic Abuse) – You were so in love. What happened? This explains what’s going on in your body when you fall in love with the right person and in unhealthy relationships.



from World of Psychology https://psychcentral.com/blog/best-of-our-blogs-january-8-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment