Friday 15 April 2016

Best of Our Blogs: April 15, 2016

Heart Or Love Icons And Hand As TreeThere is a deficit in this country. People are starving for it. Countries are warring over it. The greatest need we have is compassion. It takes effort to put yourself in the shoes of your judgy mom or the aunt who thinks you’re making up your illness. But if you were to see things from their perspective, you might not take it so personally. Most times people are critical and harsh because they’re critical and harsh with themselves. The key to peace isn’t stretching outward to find it, its finding love, understanding and empathy in your self.

In Whatever Arises Love that, Matt Kahn says the following:

“When I’m sad, I deserve more love, not less. When I’m angry, I deserve more love, not less. When I’m frustrated, I deserve more love, not less. Whenever I’m hurt, heartbroken, ashamed, or feeling guilty, I deserve more love, not less…No matter the past that I’ve survived, I deserve more love, not less. No matter what remains up ahead, I deserve more love, not less. On my worst day, I deserve more love, not less.”

But isn’t it true that when we’re depressed or struggling with addiction, we’re the cruelest to ourselves? It’s at the moment when we decide to speak our mind, follow a dream, or express a hidden emotion that we deserve and need support most. We often look outside ourselves for it. But we won’t buy into it unless we’ve given that to ourselves. Good or bad, we must as Kahn says, “love that.”

Our bloggers are talking about everything from being a step-parent to dealing with relationships and addiction. No matter what you’re going through, respond with love.

Before Marrying Again…Ask These Questions
(The Exhausted Woman) – You could use this checklist to see if your relationship is in trouble. You could also use this to prevent divorce again.

Unloved Daughters and the Problem of Belonging
(Knotted) – Do you feel disconnected, isolated and alone? Problems with feeling like an outsider all point to this.

Addiction, recovery and sex
(Depression On My Mind) – You’re newly recovered. Here’s one of the greatest threats to your sobriety.

Stepmoms, Would You Choose This Role Again?
(The Mixing Bowl) – If problems with your husband’s ex-wife and step-kids make you want to end the relationship, read this.

How to Recognize your True Self
(NLP Discoveries) – Want to be you, but don’t know who you are? Here are a few signs you’re experiencing the real you.



from World of Psychology http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2016/04/15/best-of-our-blogs-april-15-2016/

No comments:

Post a Comment