Tuesday 9 April 2019

Best of Our Blogs: April 9, 2019

The other day I went to a restaurant where they stopped giving out straws for environmental reasons, which was great. But when I grabbed my smoothie, I was perplexed and worried about the mess my kids would make trying to get it in their mouths.

After a few minutes, I realized I didn’t need a straw. Since I had kids, straws were given at every restaurant. But did I really need one?

Turns out I didn’t.

I bring this up is because we all take part in habits not because it’s necessary, but often because it’s comfortable, convenient and part of our routine. But do we really need to check our phone as soon as we wake up? Is looking at social media or our email every hour necessary? Could doing those things be detrimental in some way to yourself or the environment?

Awareness gives you the control and power to add what you want in your life and eliminate what’s unnecessary. Answer those questions and you might free up your time and energy to focus on the things that really need tending such as warding off toxic people or cultivating more self-compassion.

8 Ways Narcissists, Sociopaths, and Toxic People Blend into Society
(Psychology of Self) – You might not recognize them at first because narcissists, sociopaths and other toxic people are adept at adapting to social situations.

Narcissists’ Clairvoyance and Carrying Our False Guilt to the Nth Degree
(Narcissism Meets Normalcy) – Are you full of guilt and self-blame? Then you’ll relate with this.

Turn The Power of Your Childhood Emotional Neglect in Your Favor
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – You’ve been ignored and neglected as a child. Here’s how to turn things around.

How to Use Self-Compassion to Stop Blaming Yourself for Everything
(Happily Imperfect) – These three exercises are the antidote to self-blame and criticism.

Masochistic Personality Disorder: Time to Include in DSM?
(History of Psychiatry) – This might be good reason to add Masochistic Personality Disorder back into the DSM.



from World of Psychology https://psychcentral.com/blog/best-of-our-blogs-april-9-2019/

No comments:

Post a Comment