Friday 22 July 2016

Best of Our Blogs: July 22, 2016

“Nothing has ever come easy for me, and I think that’s a really good thing.” – Zooey Deschanel

Woman doing meditation near the ocean beach. Yoga silhouette.With my birthday coming up in a few days, I’m mentally running through the same list of what I’ve done, have yet to do and acceptance for the things I will never do. There are things that are particularly hard like getting to a place of forgiveness or accepting that certain things and people will never change. Yet, there’s peace in floating in the river of what is instead of fighting against the current.

Every decade pushes me forward. It shapes and molds me into who I’m supposed to become. The process isn’t painless, but it’s necessary for the evolution of my soul.

At every milestone and hidden within every moment is a chance for growth. If you listen carefully, you will hear it ask, “Do you see me? Will you forgive me? Will you love me?”

Those that keep themselves busy won’t hear it or if they do, they purposely bury it under things, people, and drama.

Will you take this post as a sign to change? Will you read our top blogs this week on relationships, plagiarism and inter-generational trauma and see it as an invitation to start paying attention? What will you do?

10 Signs You Are Married to Someone with a Personality Disorder
(The Exhausted Woman) – Your relationship has always been a challenge. If you wonder if something is wrong with your marriage, you need to read this.

What to Expect When you Marry a Narcissist
(The Recovery Expert) – If you think your relationship has trouble now, here are the things you have to look forward to if you marry a narcissist.

What is the Opposite of Anxiety?
(Stress Better) – Are you relying on courage or peace to get you through anxious feelings? Renee shares something more powerful to crush your anxiety.

Inter-Generational Trauma: 5 Ways It Impacts Families
(Caregivers, Family & Friends) – It’s the trauma many therapists miss. Here’s why it’s important to ask and explore family trauma from past generations.

The Psychology of Plagiarism: 3 Ways People End Up with Their Own Name on Someone Else’s Words
(Single at Heart) – Melania Trump’s recent speech is a reminder that plagiarism happens more than we think. As you’ll read, sometimes it’s blatant and other times it’s due to these things.



from World of Psychology http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2016/07/22/best-of-our-blogs-july-22-2016/

No comments:

Post a Comment